Happy Monday everyone! It's definitely going to be tough getting used to 5 day work weeks around here again. First, I want to remind everyone to enter for the giveaway for a free manicure or your own bottle of Orly Halo polish here! No one has entered from outside of the Memphis area yet, so the bottle of nail polish is stuff up for grabs. You have until this Saturday at 6:00pm CST to enter. I'm also really thinking we need to have a Memphis area bloggers get together within the next few weeks, so leave me a comment below if you're interested so we can figure out dates and details.
Ann Taylor Silk Camp Shirt. On Sale for $48.
J. Crew Necklace Christmas Gift from Shane last year.
Similar style from J. Crew here for $45.
Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in Fresh Plum. $7.99 This is my and my sister's favorite lip balm once they discontinued our other one.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did; it was fun but not too busy or crazy. We tried out a new restuarant called Sweet Grass on Saturday. It's in the Cooper Young area. It was good, but there wasn't anything that really stuck out as being great. I'll have to give it another chance though because it might have just been what I got. I've got to say that the apple pie and ice cream was fantastic though. Don't judge; it was my anniversary weekend. = ) I started out my Sunday by going to Little Cafe Eclectic and getting some hot chocolate. Extra cocoa of course. They are a small coffee shop, but have a growing menu that is really good. Most everything is homemade there. The original Cafe Eclectic is in midtown and is a larger location that has a full menu. I hear they have great food too and really good breakfast (the selling point for me!), but I haven't made it over there yet. If you're in the downtown area, definitely give the coffee shop a try (and bring me a hot chocolate too please!) Make sure to grab a punch card too (it even counts for hot chocolate). After 9 drinks you get one free, so that should only take me about a week or so. Also, I'm wearing my new Orly Halo polish in the picture below. It's the same color as the one I'm giving away this week. It really is my new favorite color. It's very sparkly, but still very neutral and not over the top.
Yesterday was mine and Shane's 6 year wedding anniversary. We got married in Midtown on 1/6/07, and then had our reception downtown on the river. So this was sort of a special anniversary for us because it was our first anniversary living downtown. We just moved there over the summer, so it was fun being only half a mile away from where we partied it up at the reception. Shane worked all day so I knew he'd be exhausted when he got home from work so we kept it pretty low key. We bundled up in our coats, scarfs and beanies and took the golf cart over to Tugs and ate. Over Christmas Shane put a portable speaker in the golf cart, so now we can play music from our iPhones when riding around. We sat by the window at the restaurant and could see the building where our reception was. We started talking about all the friends we had in our wedding and exactly what we thought we were probably doing at that exact moment 6 years ago. Then we laughed remembering how we left the reception, checked into the hotel, set down our suitcases and immediately walked to Blue Fin to have sushi. Shane was still wearing his tux pants and white dress shirt and looked like a waiter. We were so busy that day that apparently we both forgot to even eat anything. First things first on the honeymoon - food!
I was nominated last week for the Liebster Award by my SIL Lindsey. The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
1. Becca at Four Buggers.
2. Laura at Serrano Style.
3. Mrs. D at When Does Mommy Get a Nap?
4. Keyona at Skinny and Delicious.
5. Jaime at Mommy on a Mission.
6. Natalie at My Fabulous Life of Woodchucks and Sippy Cups.
7. Jennifer at Mrs. in Memphis.
8. Rachel at Front Row Seat.
9. Emily at Emily's Adventures.
10. Zelle at A Southern Style.
11. Sarah at Fueled and Aflame.
1. I'm allergic to hotdogs.
2. I've never liked spaghetti.
3. I didn't like cereal until after I graduated high school, so I would either eat grits, toast or just skip breakfat completely.
4. I haven't had Sprite, Coke or Sweet Tea in about 13 years because I switched to water. It took a while to get to where I could drink water because I absolutely hated it at first.
5. The main thing I miss about highschool is chearleading.
6. For my 10th birthday I asked for a unicorn (and I was serious and so dissapointed when I didn't get it. My dad finally had to tell me there was no such thing.)
7. I am annoyingly optimistic and happy pretty much always.
8. I am a huge neat freak, perfectionist, type A, OCD person. I've been told this isn't a surpsrise. And here I thought I was hiding it well!
9. I started running track in middle school only because I filled out the wrong sign-up sheet. I thought it was the list for Tennis. It's been a passion of mine ever since.
10. I cannot live without chapstick every hour and floss at least once a day.
11. I get really shy and nervous in public and around new people and analyze their every thought and word.
My 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite season? Fall has always been my favorite. Why? That is when Shane and I started dating and then got engaged a year later. There's something about the smell in the air and the way the breeze feels and the leaves changing.
2. Why did you start a blog? To post outfits and coupons and deals that different stores were having. I'm a huge bargain shopper and wanted to share my finds with everyone. At work none of my friends buy anything until they call me first and ask if I have a coupon to somewhere first.
3. What's your dream vacation? Hmmm, I already went on it, so I guess I better figure out a new one. It was to England. I'd wanted to go there my whole life, and my mom took me a few years ago, so now I would have to say Hawaii. Plus I'm having beach withdrawals at the moment!
4. What is your earliest memory? I can't really remember, but I remember calling my best friend Christen in kindergarten and planning our outfits out. Yes, it was cool to be twinkies back then. We would do gymnastics together in the backyard almost everyday.
5. If your life was turned into a movie, what actress would you be? Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller's wife) or Isla Fisher. They are hilarious and seem like they'd be a lot of fun!
6. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life? Well, at the moment I wasn't laughing, but now every time I think about it I laugh so hard I almost cry. I was going through rush at the U of M. We had to sit indian style on the floor and the girls were just interviewing/talking to us. We sat there for almost and hour and then they told us it was time to get up and go to the next room (with a different sorority) to talk to them. I tried to stand up and apparently didn't realize both my legs had fallen asleep. I fell down. Over and over and over and over. A couple of the girls had to help me stand up and then walk out of the room while I was holding onto the wall. Needless to say, I make sure not to sit indian style for very long anymore. I was moritified. ; )
7. What is your favorite comfort food? Meatloaf. Homemade from my mom is the best!
8. What's your favorite holiday? Definitely Christmas! Celebrating Jesus' birth and getting to spend time with my family (and nephews!)
9. Where do you picture yourself in 10 years? As a CFO. Too ambitious?
10. Favorite band? Hmmm, I'd have to say Pink Floyd. I can thank my husband for that one!
11. What are you most proud of? My and my husband's degrees. It took us 10 years to graduate together and means even more to me because of that. I'm also so proud of my little sister; she means the world to me.
Your 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been doing it?
3. What do you do for a living?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. What are your favorite hobbies?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What is your go-to outfit that you end up wearing most?
10. Flats or heels?
11. What's your favorite indulgence (whether it be soap operas, desserts or pedicures)?