Jeans // Top // Heels (old, similar) // Bag c/o // Spinner c/o // Duffel c/o // Jewelry Organizer c/o // Flatiron Holder c/o
Shane and I took our first international flight in years last month. It had been so long. Though I fly about 6-8 times a year for work, it's all domestic, so I was a little rusty. Whether you're traveling internationally or domestically, I wanted to share a few tips that will help you while traveling. From what to pack, how to pack it and how to dress, these tips will help make sure that your trip goes pretty smoothly from start to finish. P.S. Keep reading to see how to enter to win a Vera Bradley Avery handbag!
1. There's an app for that. Your airline, your hotel. Most every place has an app now. Use it to your advantage. It is so much more convenient to just pull up your boarding pass on your phone than to print it out and have to keep up with it at the airport. Let's be real, we already have our phones in our pocket or our hands already. Some of my new favorites are Airbnb and Uber too. There's a great list of the top 10 travel apps here too.
2. Organize everything. Jewelry organizers, flatiron holders. Having a place for everything helps so much! When you get to your destination, you won't have to dump everything out just to find your favorite pair of earrings you packed. And believe me, no one wants to end up with a necklace 3 necklaces that now look like one knotted mess.
3. Pack wisely. It's SO easy to overpack, but no one wants to tote too many bags around at the airport or not have enough room to bring everyone home once you've added a couple souvenirs along the way. Stick to 3 pairs of shoes. Dressy heels that are versatile, flats or sneakers and another pair like boots. Neutral ones are best to go with everything. I usually only pack 1-2 purses, jewery that is versatile and will go with anything. I always take 2 pairs of jeans, 1 dress, 3 blouses and a cardigan in case it's cool. Think pieces that can easily be mixed and matched with each other. And roll each pieceh up and pack into your suitcase. It's crazy, but it takes up a lot less room, and as a bonus, it keeps them from getting very wrinkled.
4. Dress Airport Friendly. I always wear leggings, a long tunic, flats and no jewelry. It makes it so much quicker and easier to get through security when you can slip your shoes on and off quickly and you're not wearing jewelry.
5. Carry a purse that has an outside pocket like this tote (I'm giving one away!) Easy access to a pocket where your cell phone, chapstick, drivers license or boarding pass is will make such a difference. I traveled without one a couple weeks ago, and it was horrible. I was constantly misplacing my phone and boarding pass in the airport, and I just felt completely unorganized. You need one easy to access central location to store everything you will need at the airport. And it may cost more, but I 100% recommend checking every single bag so you're only carrying your purse around it. It is so worth it! Even if you have a spinner bag and a rolling duffel, it is so nice to be hands free while navigating the airport!
Now for the good part! I'm so excited to team up with Vera Bradley today to give away this gorgeous Avery tote in your choice of color. To enter, just use the widget below and good luck!