Thanks to Groupon for sponsoring today's post. All opinions are my 100% my own.
Nashville is only a few hours away from Memphis, and it's one of my favorite places to visit for a quick weekend getaway. Next month, Leighton, my mom and I are taking a fun little girls' trip there, so we've been doing lots of research to see what all fun we should squeeze in for those couple days. Luckily there are so many great outdoors activities in Nashville, especially this time of year with the holidays right around the corner.
One of my favorite sites I've been using to help us plan our trip is Groupon. In case you didn't know, Groupon is so much more than just a coupon site. They have tons of experiences that you can buy through their site for a discounted price. They make it easy and affordable to find things to do near where you live. And it's not just for travelers. You can easily use the site to find things to do in your own hometown at a discount.
From winetasting and brewery tours to museum tours, there is something for everyone. Since we will have Leighton with us, we want to have a fun family experience (and squeeze in lots of shopping too!) I've rounded up the top 5 things to do in Nashville with your family this fall, and can't wait to share our verdict on them soon. = )
1. Number 1 on our list is definitely ICE! at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I have been hearing SO many good things about this amazing exhibit for years. Kids and adults are both sure to love it. And you won't find a better hotel in the area than Gaylord.
2. Take a Trolley Tour.. I've been visiting Nashville since I was a little kid, but there is just so much to see and so much great music and food history there. I think a trolley tour is the perfect way to see it all and learn a little history about the city along the way.
3. Ice Skating. We will be going late fall, but it's never too soon to go ice skating. I'm sure we will have to stuff Leighton's skates with socks, but some of my favorite memories were ice skating as a child.
4. Visit the Nashville Zoo at Grassmore. You can't go out of town with a toddler without stopping by the zoo. Nasvhille has a great zoo, and they even have quite a few events coming up over the next couple of months that will mean plenty of family fun. And their jungle gym was named one of the world's coolest playgrounds!
5. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. They have kids activities most every week for the entire family and even a musical petting zoo!
What are your favorite things to do in Nashville? Is anyone else planning a trip there soon?