What would you do if you only had a day in Salt Lake City? I finally got to travel to Salt Lake City recently to visit my blogging bestie Sandy a la Mode, so I thought I would share with you my top 5 list of things to do if you only had 24 hours.
1. Visit the mountains. I have been to many different mountains many different times in my life, but this was my first time visiting mountains when I wasn't actually going to snow ski. It was quite a different experience. The mountains here are a sight in and of themself. They are so stunning, and there was already quite a bit of snow on the peaks. We went to Dimple Dell Nature Park to take these pretty pictures, but you can hike, bike or even go horseback riding there.
2. Try some great local restaurants. It was National Taco Day when I visited, so of course we just had to visit Taqueria 27. We had mango guacamole ( I will definitely be recreating this myself!), queso fundido and roasted mushroom tacos. Yum, I definitely recommend!
3. Visit some local attractions depending on the season. A pumpkin patch, the Hogle Zoo, the Natural History Museum of Utah, Liberty Park. Salt Lake City is known for its gorgeous landscape. So get outside and do something. Since it's October and fall, of course we had to visit the Kuwahara Pumpkin Patch.
4. Tour the State Capitol. We only had time to drive by and look from the outside, but you could also schedule a tour inside as well.
5. Visit Temple Square. This is Utah's most visited attraction. You can schedule a free tour which includes 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and a 11-foot statue of Christ.
Have you ever been to Salt Lake City? What are your favorite places to visit while there! I will definitely be planning a trip back there again next year!