On Me: Shorts // Sweater (on clearance for $22!) // Watch c/o // Earrings c/o // Ring c/o // Necklace c/o // Shoes c/o
Office: Mirror c/o // Desk c/o // Bench // Rug // Bins // Laptop Case // Lipstick Holder // Sculptures c/o
Mother's Day is just a short month away, and it has quickly become one of my favorite holidays of the year. I used to think it was about having everyone give you some "mom time" or pamper you for the day, but now that I'm a mom, all I want is more time with Leighton for the day. I feel like we can never get enough 1 on 1 girl time. So today I'm sharing my favorite mother daughter date ideas that you can do with your daughter this Mother's Day. = )
1. Get pampered together. Go get manicures or pedicures together. Have a toddler who is too young for that? Do it at home. Get some Piggy Paint, paint her nails and then let her paint yours. Or do each others makeup. It might be a little messy, but just enjoy the mess for this day!
2. Get outdoors together. Go swimming, horseback riding or bike riding. It will be like a breath of fresh air, and after this long winter, it's the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy the day together.
3. Have a little staycation together. Last winter my sister, Leighton and I all took a little staycation for one night at a local hotel, and it was one of my favorite trips yet. It was only 45 minutes away, but it was so fun having a little sleepover together! I plan to do this again very soon with Leighton!
4. Make breakfast together. Not quite breakfast in bed for Mother's Day, but I promise you'll get that when she gets older. For now, enjoy the time together and help her cook her favorite meal!
5. Have a movie night together. It may not be peaceful, relaxing or quiet, but I love cuddling up with Leighton on the couch to watch a movie. So what if she only lays still for 2 minutes. Those 2 minutes are pretty great. = )
6. Paint your own pottery together. We did this together with my mom and sister a couple years ago, and I cannot wait to do it again! I know Leighton would love painting her own piece of art, and you will end up with a great piece to commemorate the day together.
7. Build a fort together. Leighton has a teepee in her room, and I cannot wait until she gets a little older and we can "camp out" in the living room or the backyard together. There is no place like home...especially when you can turn it into a fortress. = )
Leighton obviously loves makeup, so we might just spend the day letting her pamper herself lol! = ) To celebrate the upcoming holiday, I have teamed up with the other ladies of the Mamas & Minis Collective, Sandy a la Mode, Lipgloss & Crayons and Chasing Davies, to give away a $100 gift card to Target! What would you choose from Target if you won? What will you be doing for Mother's Day? Do you spend the day together with your children or take a "mom day"? = )