This post is sponsored by Viicode, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Top c/o // Jeans c/o // Shoes c/o // Lipstick // Eye Mask (use code LJUC25K9 to save $5) c/o
I'm not going to lie, sleeping has always been in my top 5 list of favorite things to do (including eating, duh!) And thankfully, I have always been a really good sleeper and wake feeling refreshed (the way you should after sleeping.) But that's not the case for everyone. And now that Shane and I have a toddler running around, sleep is even more important! So, I wanted to share a few of my favorite tips that have helped me to wake looking and feeling refreshed and ready to start your day in the morning.
1. Do away with the snooze button and GET UP. = ) Hitting the snooze button over and over just isn't good for us. It is so much better to just get up when your alarm goes off and go to bed earlier. To be honest, I don't use the snooze button. I have always been more of a pop out of bed kind of person. Now I actually take about 30 minutes to just relax and have some time to myself when I get up in the mornings. Sure, I may lose 30 minutes, but I feel so much better. I will usually read or catch up on emails on my phone for a bit.
2. Skip the caffeine and sugar. These aren't good for your body anyway, but they will help to keep you awake and keep you from getting that good sleep that you want and need, waking looking and feeling refreshed.
3. Turn off all the electronics before bedtime. This is a BIG one. Shane is a go to bed with the TV on kind of person, and I am not at all. I prefer to have everything cut off and just go to sleep. But I am also a really good sleeper. It is so true though, electronics just keep you stimulated and awake. It is also a rule of mine that unless I have been awake for a couple hours and still can't fall asleep, or fall back asleep from waking up in the night, I do not get on my phone. Because then, I definitely won't be able to go back to sleep!
4. Squeeze in a workout each day. Getting moving and getting active is just going to help your body be exhausted and feel so much better so you can sleep better at night. It's also SO good for you.
5. Take your makeup off at night. This may not affect your sleep, but it will affect how you look in the morning and also your skin over time. Trust me, you don't want to see what all ends up in your pillowcase when you don't take your makeup off at night. It's just not good for your skin, and it will leave you with a caked on, dirty face when you wake up. I love waking up fresh-faced and refreshed in the morning.
6. Use an eye mask for sleeping. My sister and I had been talking for a few months trying to find a good eye mask for sleeping. We are stomach and side sleepers, so I wanted something that would help reduce fine lines and wrinkles but also moisturize and soothe my skin, leaving my skin more moisturized and refreshed in the morning.
I have been using the VIIcode O2M oxygen eye mask for over a month now, and I cannot say enough good things about it! I had such a tough time finding an eye mask for sleeping that wouldn't slide off at night and was actually comfortable. This eye mask for sleeping from VIIcode does all of that. The wrinkles that were starting to form through the night from lying on my face don't show when I use the mask, and I have never felt my skin so soft and moisturized as when I wake up with the eye mask on each morning.
The Viicode O2M oxygen eye mask for sleeping was made to be an 8 hour overnight treatment, perfect for people who are side or stomach sleepers or who don't have time to wear an eye mask around during the day. The mask is made out of a super soft, moist, gel-like material. Results are best when used 2-3 times per week. Each box comes with 3 eye treatment masks in it to last 1 week. Now through 5/30, use code LJUC25K9 to save $5 off your purchase! Have you tried an eye mask for sleeping yet? What are your best tips for waking up looking and feeling refreshed?